Our six Core Values form the basis of our foundation and are non-negotiable behaviours that players and staff should follow, both on and off the field, over the season. They provide direction and team focus. They will encompass decision making, leadership, personal/team development and are to show integrity, respect for others, discipline, commitment and sportsmanship.
Each player and staff member of the Northern Knights signs off on these Core Values before each season as a statement that they will commit and embody the values to their full capacity.
Together, we are UKNIGHTED.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Trust, open and effective communication
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Take on feedback and do something with it
- Strong mindset/mental toughness – will assist individuals to compete and cope within a highly competitive industry.
- Image – On & Off field behaviour, wearing the correct uniform
- Punctual – time management
- Supporting TAC Road Safety Messages (Towards Zero)
- Adhere to AFL Victoria programs & policies such as Respect & Responsibility, Racial Vilification, Social Media, Alcohol & Drug Awareness.
- Adhere to and promote Team Rules
- Lifestyle Balance – family, education/work, football, social
- Commitment to improve – train with intensity, conditioning, injury management, & adhering to coaches’ feedback.
- Do everything today that is ‘the lifestyle of an athlete’
- For staff, peers, opposition, umpires, property & facilities
- For parents & your own personal appearance, behaviour, character and integrity.
- For the opportunity you have
- On and off the playing field
- Everyone to be a leader – by action & behaviour
- “SEE something, SAY something, DO something”
Non adherence to the Core Values and our Code of Conduct may incur sanctions which will be discussed with AFL Victoria and managed by the Northern Knights at the appropriate time.